Wednesday 30 January 2013

Recipe of the Week - Green Smoothies

I watched Hungry for Change a couple of weeks ago on Netflix. A documentary that I finished and immedietely wanted to Do Better for myself. So I recommend it. Nothing extreme, things we already know. Anything that gets me jazzed up about vegetables is a good tihng in my book. Veggie juicing is stressed at the end. I don't need another appliance, nor do I want to spend money on one. So a juicing machine is out for me. (I totally had it in my Amazon.ca cart and then showed some restraint.) I tried a green smoothie in my Ninja blender and it worked just fine.

Nora's Green Smoothie

1 cucumber (leave peel on if organic)
big handful spinach
big handful kale
1 orange
1 peeled carrot
1 apple
frozen strawberries (or ice if you prefer)
1/2 cup yogurt
water to desired consistency.

That's a lot of veg and fruit, right!? It was a full meal deal for me and my 3 year old.

So, that was just me throwing whatever I had in the fridge into the blender. This is a recipe I found, and here is another. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment